Wow. That was a great burger I had at lunch today. Complete with sea-salt fries. You see, it all went south this morning when I showed up to work to find that we were missing 5 of our 10 team members today, and the 5 of us that showed up were going to have to pull the extra weight, again. Immediately, I start stressing, turn to a co-Hort and say that today would be a fat-laden, sugar coated heart attack kind of day! Off to Wendy's I went at lunch. Literally everyone of us ate CRAP.
Good way to cope? I think not!
What is good about the scenario is realizing I turned immediately to food in search of emotional comfort and consolation. This fact keeps me where I am today. Fat, miserable & regretful. I am in need of a new & healthy outlet.
Count calories? Everything I read tells me I should consume no more than 1200 calories per day. Weight Watchers? Been there, done that (never for a decent period of time) but I always quit 2-3 weeks into it. South Beach or Atkins? The doctor says that can really help my triglycerides (which I forgot to mention are too high). Those are so restrictive & I worry I will not be able to stick to it past a day of two. Isagenix? Costly & something I can not afford at the moment, but I understand some people are having great results with it. So...what then? Do I need a "program" to be successful?
At this point, I am inclined to think that it may not matter so much as which I choose, as long as I make a choice, and go all the way with it.

0 comments:
Post a Comment