At the start of the week, I set out to develop my personal fitness & nutrition plan, and now, as I sit here with my week-in-review, I realize I may have been a little overly ambitious. Unfortunantly, I choose to start in a week where I had little free time to plan & prepare, and where I have spent much more time at work with strangers than I was able to spend with my family and myself. So, with that being said, I have no completed plan to report tonight. Only the bits & pieces still tumbling through my brain that are longing to be connected.
Keeping my priorities sorted, I spent Sunday in fantastic fashion; meandered through the enticing streets of Wilmington, gazed at the undersea beauties off the coast on North Carolina at the Auarium, had an unforgettable and educational time on the USS Carolina Battleship, all while listening to the laughter of my children, hand-in-hand with my husband. It was by aall means, worth missing a day of planning and a workout.
I did make some smart choices while out. Took an idea from some good friends and split a dinner entree with Rick, so we didn't over eat (not to mention a savings in the pocketbook). Had a sensible breakfast and we walked around all day. So...in my book, that is just fine.
I am re-aiming for my plans to be set in stone by Tuesday, giving myself Monday for chores to get done that need attention pronto.
You may notice I am allowing for minor adjustments; in the past I have been far too hard on myself and would have just called it quits alltogether by now,, citing that I had worked 12 hr shifts all week, then had plans with the family, so I didn't have the time or energy for sticking to a fitness, nutrition, and blogging plan. Ugh.. there I go with the honesty again, but I figure hey...if I can't be straight with myself, then who can I be honest with?