Okay, so this is probably the toughest part for me; having to write down my body statistics in black & white. every hefty girl's worst nightmare. But, it does come with a sweet side too. Even though I am only just beginning this project, I am happy to find that since I have left Spokane 3.5 months ago, I have lost 12 pounds; 8 without trying, and 4 after working out for 1 and a half weeks.
So that brings me to my official starting point. I not only will be tracking my weight, but measurements in my core areas as well. Doing this will give me a more clear picture of the changes taking place since my particular body has a tendancy to build lean muscle really fast and easy, and muscle is heavier than fat, measuring inches is a good idea for me.
Right then! Here goes.....anytime time now.....anytime......come on, just put it down.....
Age: 33
Ht: 5' 2"
Wt: 200 lbs.
Chest: 44"
Abd: 44"
Hip: 46"
Neck: 16.5"
Can you say APPLE!!!!! The most dangerous fat of all is the kind that collects around the middle, causing increased risk of heart disease and diabetes. Considering I have begun treatment for mild hypertension and my insulin levels are up...I would say that I better haul my ass out of the danger zone pronto!
It is good to know that I was sort -of already on the right road, with the 12 pounds gone since November, but I am not going to count that weight in my goals....which are still in development.
My overall goal is to loose 68 lbs total by my birthday. I came up with that number by taking the age I will be (34) and simply doubling it. Nothing complex about that. I am still working on my mini-goals and milestones in the form of time, weight, inches, diet and fitness acheivements. I am really trying to cover all the bases here because I know myself....I will have a difficult time not seeing results right away, so I do not want all my eggs on the scale-so to speak.
I intend to have the completed blue print for this project layed out by this Saturday, 5 days from now. In the meantime, I am conciously making better food choices and am working to prioritize fitness. But, by Saturday..... I will have my whole plan, and be working it!
My challenge for these next 4 days (T/W/Th/F) is to figure out how to get in some excerise while working in the ER 12 hour night shifts, where a lunch break is rarely ever given. Shit.

0 comments:
Post a Comment